ANTIGONOS' BRAIN

Your Brain is Green
Of all the brain types, yours has the most balance. You are able to see all sides to most problems and are a good problem solver. You need time to work out your thoughts, but you don't get stuck in bad thinking patterns. You tend to spend a lot of time thinking about the future, philosophy, and relationships (both personal and intellectual).

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Olympics

Well, I've got to post something, I guess.

I would like to write that I'm indifferent to the Olympics, but I'm not.  I loathe the games.  For one thing, I cannot, for the life of me, see why running faster, or jumping higher, or swimming more synchronizedly [new word] than anyone else is a positive value, what it contributes toward civilization.  For another, it's not about individual athletes any more, it is about national politics and money.

The opening ceremony extravaganza was nicely done this time -- if you were a Brit or knew a bit about British history -- I had to explain a lot to my daughter and son-in-law because a considerable amount of the allusions went right over their heads.  The sketches with Donald Craig, the Queen, and Rowan Atkinson showed British humor to its best advantage [although the Queen in reality was reported to be rather bored, or at least, looked bored at the ceremony itself]

Today I wound up being forced to see about an hour of the men's athletics; daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter came to visit, and of course my husband wanted to see it.  Yawn and double yawn.  I really hope that I can manage to avoid the rest.  Good thing I have three new audiobooks to listen to -- it's only a coincidence that they are by John le Carre .

No comments: